BRIDGING THE GAP
The Change Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization that aims to bridge the gap between financial hardships and access to educational, essential, professional, foster care, and mental health services.
What we do: We provide educational, essential, professional, foster, and low-to-no-cost mental health services to individuals and families within inner-city communities.
Programs We Offer
- 1 in 5 adults in the U.S. experience mental illness each year
- 1 in 20 adults in the U.S. experience a serious mental illness each year
- 1 in 6 youth in the U.S. ages 6-17 experience a mental health disorder each year
- 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner
- 1 in 4 women and 1 in 9 men experience severe intimate partner abuse
- 1 in 10 women and 1 in 71 men have been raped by their intimate partner
- 1 in 3 highschool students had persistent feelings of sadness
- 1 in 6 youth reported making a suicide plan
- 38% of public schools report providing treatment to students for mental health
- Up to 80% of children in foster care have significant mental health issues, compared to approximately 18-22% of the general population.
- Foster youth are prescribed psychotropic medications at a much higher rate than non-foster care youth.